Conference Aim and Scope
GECON 2018 builds upon the very successful tradition of the conference previous editions since 2003, (http://www.gecon-conference.org).
GECON solicits contributions that are interdisciplinary, combining business and economic aspects with engineering and computer‐science related themes. Contributions to this conference can include extensions to existing technologies, successful deployments of technologies, economic analyses, analyses of technology adoptions, and theoretical models. We welcome papers that combine micro‐ and macro‐economic principles with resource management strategies in computer science and engineering. Case studies, which demonstrate practical use of economic strategies, benefits and limitations, are particularly encouraged. The purpose of this event is to gather original work and build a strong multidisciplinary community in this increasingly important area of a future information and knowledge economy. In addition to the regular contributions, GECON 2018 invites contributions to a thematic track focusing on Blockchain Technology and Economics.
- Abstract Submission Deadline: May 15th, 2018
- Paper Submission Deadline: May 22nd, 2018
- Notification of Paper Acceptance: June 15th, 2018
- Camera Ready Paper Deadline: June 22th, 2018
Topics of interest
Advances in distributed systems technology have allowed for the provisioning of IT services on an unprecedented scale and with increasing flexibility. As a global market for infrastructure, platform and software services emerges, the need to understand and deal with these implications and a multitude of new challenges is quickly growing.
General topics of interest at GECON 2018 include:
- Software service platforms and networked systems
- Analysis of software industry and cloud computing industry
- Market mechanisms, auctions models, and bidding languages
- Decision support for service selection and procurement
- Revenue and energy‐aware resource management
- Pricing schemes, service level agreements (SLAs), and revenue models
- Negotiation, enforcement and monitoring of service level agreements
- Open source ecosystem
- Economically efficient resource allocation, scheduling, and capacity planning
- Automated trading and bidding support tools
- Incentive design, strategic behavior & game theory
- Development of sustainable infrastructures
- Desktop grids, volunteer computing and crowd-sourcing
- Metering, accounting, and billing
- Business models and strategies for SMEs
- Trust, reputation, security, and risk management
- Reports and analysis on operational markets and test‐beds
- Economics of big data, software, services, service composition, and selection
- Cost modeling, cost‐benefit analysis
- Performance monitoring, optimization and prediction
- Community networks, social network systems, and resource sharing models
- Techno‐economic analysis: Emerging computing paradigms (fog, edge, osmosis computing), and technologies (micro‐services, containers)
- Smart grids, smart cities, smart buildings, energy-aware infrastructures and services
- Standardization, interoperability, and legal aspects
- Economics of IaaS, SaaS, PaaS and Federation of resources
- Economic modeling of networks, systems, software, and data
- Service Science
- Clouds & Services for Internet‐of‐Things
The call of papers of GECON 2018 can be found here.
Proceedings and Previous Editions
GECON 2018 follows the very successful previous editions GECON conferences, where high-quality technical papers have been presented. As in the previous conferences,
- Accepted papers will be published in the proceedings that are published by Springer LNCS
- Extended versions of up to 10 accepted papers in the Computer Science field will be invited for publication in a special issue of the Elsevier Journal of Future Generation Computer Systems.
- For papers targeting mainly business and economic aspects within the conference, a special issue of the Springer Electronic Markets Journal with up to 5 papers is foreseen.
Visit the submission page for more information on the publication and reviewing process.